Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ring in the New Year.... Where???

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and I'm still not sure where I am going to be. Most of my friends are down in Ko Phi Phi, ready to ring in the new year on a beach almost too beautiful to be on earth. Originally, I was going to go down there as well, but I never booked anything and before I knew it, it seemed too late. I figured I'd just save some money and stay in Bangkok and go down south when Josh and I are backpacking. But, things change and as you all know I am very easily persuaded. My friends talked me into coming down there with them, problem is, I can't seem to find a way to get down there. After unsuccessfully searching the internet for bus or train options to get to Phuket, I decided my best bet is to just go to the bus station in Bangkok and hope I can find a bus that has at least one seat available. It's a long, 12 hour bus ride down there, but at least it's overnight so hopefully I will get some sleep. If I don't go to Phi Phi for the new year, then I will just stay here in Bangkok with some other friends that will be here, and then I think I might go off on a solo adventure for the remainder of my long weekend. Not sure where I would like to go yet, but I'm packing for multiple situations so I'll be ready to go anywhere. Here's hoping I end up in a good place.... and those aren't hard to find here in Thailand.

On an unrelated note, Josh has been taking care of Elliot while my sisters are away on vacation. And he just posted this picture on his blog that I just couldn't resist posting here as well. It makes me very happy to know that 2 of my favorite living creatures are spending such a wonderful time together.

New Best Friends?

So, who knows where I will be this time tomorrow. I guess only time will tell... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment