Friday, October 16, 2009

The Journey Begins

Here I am. In a Comfort Inn next to JFK Airport eating cheddar cheese goldfish and drinking a nice cold sprite. How did I get here you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. I'm on my way to Thailand, to teach little Thai children English. And after a rainy and long ride to the airport and an emotional goodbye with my cat Elliot (and sisters), I hopped on a plane to the Big Apple. I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm ready for an adventure. I don't really know what to expect over there, but I guess that's part of the fun, right? My coordinators, Andy and Mrs. Patama, who are best friends by the way, have been telling me all kinds of info about my school and have told me that most of the time my students are good, but sometimes they are naughty. I'll have to straighten those hooligans out when I get there. Tomorrow I leave at 10 in the morning, and it's a 16 hour flight to Hong Kong where I have a layover, and then another 2 hour flight to Bangkok. Let's see if I make it. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment