Thursday, January 14, 2010

Korean Dance Party

In my last class of the day today, only about 6 students showed up. At first I thought maybe the class was planning a surprise for me like the other class did, but that was not the case. I was actually kind of relieved so few students showed up because Thursdays are my busiest day and I'm always totally beat by the end. So after doing a quick lesson on time prepositions (in, on, at, by, until), I let the students take the floor. They started asking me what kind of music I like and after trying to play them some Phoenix and Passion Pit, I could see they did not share my same taste in music. I asked them what they listen to and then they got all excited and each one of them pulled out their little USB drives and asked to plug them into my laptop. What followed was a half hour lesson on Korean pop music taught my 13 year old Thai students. They told me all about their two favorite Korean pop groups, Girl Generation and Kara. They showed me tons of videos of these groups in concerts and also some of their music videos. I have to say, it was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Not only were the music videos funny, but all the students started singing and dancing to the songs. They knew every word, and every dance move. I was trying my hardest not to laugh but it got to a point where I just couldn't take it anymore and I let it all out. I should mention that the boy students were just as into these pop groups as the girls, and also knew all the words and dance moves. It was definitely an interesting and amusing way to end the day.

On a very exciting note, the package my family sent me finally came today! It was full of delicious tasty treats and other wonderful things, and I was very happy to get it after a month of waiting. Now I just need to control myself and try not to eat it all at once.

1 comment:

  1. so THAT'S why we never see kara... i guess she's always been on tour in korea. who knew!

    ReplyDelete