Thursday, January 28, 2010

Run, Fatboy, Run

I've finally committed to doing something I've been meaning to do for as long as I can remember. Hit the gym. I realized that instead of coming home from school and sitting in my apartment for the next 8 hours, not doing anything, I could be making good use of my time and exercise. So, I started going last week, and I've been four times now. I'm going to try and go at least three times a week, for about an hour and a half a time. My workout so far has consisted of running 5k on the treadmill, biking 10k on the bike, and 100 stomach crunches. Then when I get back to my apartment, I run up and down the three flights of stairs five times. I don't know if that's a good workout or not, but it wears me out and I feel pretty good after I've finished. So I'm pretty happy about it. I'm trying a whole new healthy lifestyle here, and I know I've said that a million times before, but this time I'm actually doing it. Eating healthier, snacking less, and generally taking better care of myself. Sometimes I can't resist a cold beer and a couple Oreo cookies at the end of the night though...

On a rather humorous note, I was giving a lesson on trip preparations, and I asked my students what they'd buy first before going on vacation.

A student screamed out, "CONDOMS!"

2 comments: