Monday, February 22, 2010

America (by Simon and Garfunkel)

This weekend, I could have sworn I made an early return to my home country. Had it not been for the insanely hot and humid weather, I would have thought I was back home in Maryland. It all began Friday night when Jon and I watched a movie, drank some beers, and made a drunk run to 7-11. It reminded me of those wonderful late nights after the bars in College Park, where we'd either go to Shanghai, Ratsies, or of course, 7-11 to get taquitos. Oh, college memories.

Saturday I went back up to Suphan Buri to meet my friends again. We went to a nearby mall and went to a cosmic bowling alley. We played a game, and I came in second bowling a gentleman's 82. Then, hungry from hurling heavy balls down a lane, we went the The Pizza Company, an Italian food restaurant chain in Thailand. We gorged on pizza, breadsticks, onion rings, pasta, and a pitcher of pepsi. What a feast! After, the girls (Deb and Lexa) went back to their apartment, but Ian, Joe, and I all stayed to play a couple more games of bowling. We ended the night all back at their apartment, chatting it up, looking at and exchanging pictures, and reminiscing about the good times we've had together in the past few short months. Hard to believe it's almost all over.

Sunday morning, we said our goodbyes to Deb and Joe, but Ian, Lexa and I had a big day planned. A Japanese teacher that works at their school picked us up, and took us to an aquarium where we saw colorful, tropical fish, and lots of crocodiles. But the real fun part was when we went to the zoo next to it and got to play with little lion and tiger cubs, and some orangoutangs too! They were so playful and active, which sometimes was a little scary, but at the same time, totally exhilarating. We fed them milk from a bottle, and they slurped away like nobody's business. One of the tigers even got a little too rough, which resulted in my arm and the side of my stomach in it's mouth! Tiger slobber is a lot like any other kind of slobber. You learn something new everyday. Next, we played with some of the orangoutangs that were dressed in funny people clothes. Monkeys in clothes=Hilarious.

The attack

So, to sum it all up. My weekend consisted of watching a movie, getting drunk, eating drunk food, bowling, eating pizza, hanging out with friends, going to the aquarium, and going to the zoo. Tell me that's not the most American thing you could ever do.

I want one

1 comment:

  1. I think playing with tigers makes the whole adventure 100% better, but the 7-11 is a tough one to counteract. speaking of which, CP is a whole new landscape...college kids these days have such crazy drunk food options!

    ReplyDelete